We are looking for a VP of Human Resources that will be based in Montreal and will have direct leadership of our team there. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overarching Baylin human resources initiatives and corporate organizational development. We are a diverse global technology company with operations in six countries.
As the Vice President of Human Resources, you will be responsible for promoting and executing human resources activities and programs to deliver on Baylin’s mission, organizational objectives and business plans including implementation of talent management, leadership development, executive compensation, payroll and benefits management through third party providers, succession planning programs, learning and development, performance management, health and safety, and loss control programs.
You will play a key role in the organization’s strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues, contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to the company’s strategic thinking and direction. With a large contingent of our workforce located at our facilities in Montreal, this will be your home base and you will have direct leadership responsibilities over the employees there.
The Mandate – Direct Responsibility
Executive Compensation and Employee Share & Options program
- Work with the Executive team and Board of Directors’ Compensation Committee to manage the executive compensation system program that includes equity based compensation, the employee purchase plan, annual incentive plan, stock options and additional programs as required
Human Resources Functional Leadership
- Implement human resource strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention
- Coach, mentor and guide professional staff; be a role model for our values, purpose, culture and a proactive change agent
- Manage staff resources for highest efficiency and effectiveness, including setting, enabling and assessing performance and development objectives
- Develop department annual work plan to ensure Human Resources programs, policies and tools are consistently executed across all our operations
HR Systems, Processes & Compliance
- Establish and maintain HR tools and resources to manage the HR function
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are initiated and updated to guide HR practices, including compliance with provincial and country specific employment legislation
- Participate in the selection/implementation of a global Human Capital management system that supports our growth initiatives
- Conduct interviews, including exit-interviews as required to identify issues or concerns and areas for improvement
Organizational Effectiveness and Design
- Develop and lead organizational development and change management initiatives
- Design, implement and respond to regular staff engagement surveys
- Coach and advise international and regional managers on HR best practices
- Provide counsel and support to executive staff on HR management issues
The Mandate – Leadership & Support to Global Human Resource Teams
- Support employment and contract negotiations on prospective new hires
- Coach hiring managers on recruitment and on boarding process
- Develop a retention strategy that supports the long term needs of the business
Learning and Development
- Research and implement leadership development plans and succession planning programs for executive staff roles
- Identify ‘emerging leaders’ and other high potential staff for specific development plans and support ongoing process
- Design and implement executive and management professional education programs
Talent Management and Compensation
- Lead the performance management process, including coordination of the annual review process
- Provide advice to employees and managers on performance management issues
- Manage the job evaluation process
- Provide recommendations on annual compensation and benefit changes
- Manage the participation in external industry salary and compensation surveys
Health, Safety and Loss Control
- Establish and maintain health and safety policies and enforcement throughout the company’s operations through the Human Resources staff and local management at each facility
- Implement reporting tools and tracking efforts to ensure leadership has line of sight into risks and exposures within each location
With experience in all facets of HR, you are dedicated to meeting higher standards in order to drive organizational excellence. You are always seeking a way to generate improvements, streamline processes and improve the business’ understanding of HR best practices. Experience working at a public company is a strong asset.
You are comfortable with the full suite of Microsoft and ERP systems. You can be relied upon to get it right. If you are organized, with a high-level energy and can distil complex information into clear
messages, we want to hear from you.
A competitive compensation package and a working environment that supports employee development and recognizes their achievements makes this a desirable company to work for.
We hire ambitious professionals who thrive on their entrepreneurial spirit. As Baylin employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our products and our culture. Baylin is more than just a finance company; we are industry leaders in the space we play in, we transform lives through wireless connections resulting in social change.
For more information, please visit: http://www.baylintech.com/ Baylin is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com