The Accountant is the primary accounting resource for processing and maintaining the accounts for the Toronto head office and two subsidiary companies.
The Accountant is responsible for all general ledger transactions through to month end close including: capturing/preparing payables invoices, resolving receivable issues, preparing and posting payroll, general journals and applicable reconciliations.
You may also support the treasury function in some key projects such as the implementation of a worldwide treasury system, a likely upgrade of the ERP system and automation of key business processes globally.
- Process intercompany as well as external purchase invoices
- Prepare wire and ACH transfers and manage the approval process
- Prepare cheques and cheque packages ensuring compliance with internal company control policies
- Reconcile credit card statements for various employees
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare journal entries for processing
- Prepare monthly accrual and prepaid entries, as well as recurring entries (eg. Debenture, payroll, lease etc.)
- Maintain and update acquisitions and dispositions of fixed assets and reconcile with general ledger monthly
- Consolidate all entities fixed assets schedule monthly
- Reconcile the intercompany balance between all entities monthly
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations for all accounts
- Liaison to external auditors and bank
- Assist Senior Financial Analyst and VP of Finance with special projects as requested Experience:
- University degree in related field. CPA is desirable.
- 5-7 years experience in similar role (public company experience preferred)
- Proven analytic skills and work enthusiasm
- Strong communication skills
- Summer hours
- Collaborative work environment
- Professional growth through projects and work experience
- Free on site parking